Fire Resistant Glass
At Ravensby Glass we recognise the increasing demand for the use of fire resistant glazing, in all commercial sectors. Building regulations and also health and safety in the work and home, now often dictate these glazed areas are installed to stop the spread of fire. To accommodate this demand we process and distribute one of the world's leading manufacturers of fire glass products - AGC Pyrobel.
- 30 minutes integrity only - 7mm Pyrobelite
- 60 minutes integrity only - 12mm Pyrobelite
- 30 minutes integrity/30 minutes insulation - 16mm Pyrobel
- 60 minutes integrity/30 minutes insulation - 16mm Pyrobel
- 60 minutes integrity/60 minutes insulation - 25mm Pyrobel
- Cut to size from our stock...readily available
- Compatible with timber or steel frames
- Certification available on request
Pyrobel is a multi-laminated glass assembled with clear intumescent interlayers. In the event of fire, these interlayers expand at around 120 °C and transform into a rigid and opaque fire shield, which enables the glazing to meet the integrity and insulation criteria.
Fire resistance glasses are only part of complete fire resistant elements. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the fire resistant element as a whole satisfies the regulations and / or to obtain the approval from the competent authorities